Monday, January 25, 2010

Shoe Shine Monday....

Internet Source.
Let me paint the picture...
So, this morning I'm getting ready. Monday. 06:30am.
It's still dark in our house from the stormy night. I'm running late because I needed that extra 10 minutes of rainy Monday snooze time. MK is still in bed trying to sleep. Dogs are curled onto dog beds in tight little circles wishing I would leave so they could go back to sleep. I've got on black capri pants, yes, January 25th, because I'm too big for my others, I never get cold anymore and laundry was skipped this weekend.
There are 3 brand new pairs of shoes that I've never worn and was excited to try. I put on the first pair...wouldn't go, too small. OK. Threw those down moved on to the second pair... they puffed my fat foot up out of the top like a cotton candy cloud. No Go. Threw those back in and moved on to an older pair that I have - same thing, too tight. As I'm putting on the 4th pair MK raises up in bed - half mad as a red hen and half confused and says, something along the lines of "My God, can't you find any shoes?" Me..."No, NONE of them fit" Him...."I CAN TELLLLL!"
Evidently, I was slinging them harder and harder as I progressively got more and more depressed with my larger than life self that I woke the sleeping beast with all of the shoe happenings. I wound up with an oldie but goodie pair of zebra and patent flats - That I found at a mall in PA before we got married. However, you guessed it they are ALMOST too tight now! These dawgs will be barkin' by quittin' time for sure!
Now, go off on your merry way and praise that cuteness on your feet, be proud of your strappy heels and knee high boots!
Love to all and have a great Shoe Shine Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment