Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Own Personal Belly Button Disclaimer

DON'T TOUCH IT!

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!


My navel is painfully touchy right now, I think it's where I had it pierced in my younger, skinnier years - scar tissue is moving - Not. Good. It's currently stretched pretty tight - trying it's best not to pop into an outtie!


Therefore, I had to offer up my first apology this morning to a co- worker who accidentally confused it with a light switch or elevator button as she poked it while going down the hall.

HELLLLOOO WOMAN???

Have you EVER been pregnant- guess not- you would know that is not community property.

Don't get me wrong I am completely 100% OK with belly rubs and sweet little touches from random people commenting on the growing baby boy inside there, just not the ones who think it's a pop up timer telling us when the turkey is done.


So...
I am stepping gingerly off of my belly button soap box and I encourage you with insiders advise to meet every pregnant lady with a smile and not a poke in the gut!

If you're like me you have never even thought of it this way before.
Thanks for letting me vent.


1 comment: