Thursday, January 7, 2010

Doctor Visit Today (26 Weeks 6 Days)

We had our OB visit today; all is good!
Glucose test was done; we should receive results in about a week. It tasted just like the juice that's left behind from a melted "icy" in the summer time - but, a lot of it. I had 5 minutes to drink it and I did just fine. My hemoglobin was good, not low on iron.
Baby boy looks great. He is head down; spine towards the right of me with face and extremities to my left. Note all of the left sided movement. He waved and pointed at us a couple of times - he also wiggled his little toes! His noggin' measures a little ahead at 28 weeks and 2 days but he measures right on time everywhere else. So, that means he's going to be smart like his Daddy and have room for extra brains! I measure about 3cm larger than expected as well but it's not enough in either of us to make significant changes in the due date or expectations at this point.
I have been cleared to fly tomorrow and I am still OK to travel to PA in February. We go back again in 3 weeks then we'll be seen every 2 weeks for the next phase.
Over all, I'm feeling really great. Sleep has become a thing of the past, along with deep breathing. My hormones only show up unexpectanly from time to time and my belly button is holding on for dear life.
Just a little side note...
You know you are really pregnant when it feels like a team of Navy Seals are needed to help you turn over in bed. That's really serious business these days. Kia and Kadie are even amused by it! Picture this: You wake up, it's 3am, you really need to move or turn over. Heck, you've been lying this way for hours now.You know the feeling, right? Well, I've gotten to the point of that I'll lay there on purpose until my arm is completely asleep because it's such an act of congress to make the turn! It's feels like my abdominal muscles are absolutely useless and I just flop around like a fish until I get all extremities, blankets, PJ's and pillows situated. I'm sure it's quite funny to watch. I then blow uncontrollably like a whale shooting water because I am so out of breath from my night time exercises. Then around 3:45am just as I've gotten all snuggled up again... I've got to Pee!
Oh yea....Mike hasn't been phased yet and is still snoring.
Thanks for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment