Saturday, October 10, 2009

What we're doing.....

Last weekend we built a low landscape wall with palomino rock to make a defined edge between our stone drive and landscaping. Hopefully as we get new rock & pine needles or mulch it will help keep those materials where they belong instead of all through out the driveway. You can see in the photo how it used to just keep on going -thanks to the dogs and us walking there daily.


This week attention shifted to the yard. We have planned for years to rip out over grown brush that had never been taken care of along the property border--- well things are now in motion. We'll hate seeing the neighbor all winter but the greenery would've died back anyhow. Our plan it to put in all new plants in the spring after we work on killing undergrowth and removing stumps this winter. Here are some work in progress photos.









Unfortunately, Mike has been left to do most of this himself other than the rock wall. This isn't normal because any other time I'd be right in there with him. I really appreciate him manning up to work so hard in the evenings after his true "work" is done. Meanwhile... today I was barefoot and preggers in the kitchen!

Don't look close--no pedicure in weeks!

After an idea to bake some homemade cookies and a scavenger hunt thru our way to un- organized pantry I decided on Oatmeal Raisin. YUM! As I turned my back to my fresh made little bundles of warm heaven...Kia & Kadie made their appearance. Oh was I mad - they ate 1/2 the darn cookies. Nothing but crumbs under the cooling rack where they could reach! Oh well- Mike and I really don't need more than 9 cookies.


That's what's happening around here...What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment