Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Dixie Classic Fair---YUM!



We ventured out to the county fair last night. Oh My ~ What good food! We met up with some friends and ate... that's it. Like 8 times! We didn't even make a trip around the midway.
Our list of items consumed goes someting like this:

Chicken & Dumplings

Foot Long Corn Dog

Roasted Corn on the Cob

London Broil Steak Sandwich w/All the Fixin's

Peanut Butter Fudge

Hot Dog

Funnel Cake French Fries

Deep Fried Brownie Bites

Deep Fried Cheese Cake
2 Candy Apples w/ Nuts

And are you ready for the kicker...
The BIG thing at the NC fair this year?

DEEP FRIED BUTTER!

That's right, you read correctly-

DEEP FRIED BUTTER!
I swore I wouldn't try it- it sounded nasty. Once I saw it I had to and...
It's was way yummier that I ever thought it would be, even MK loved it!
Salty & Sweet.
It's a "Southern Thing", I guess. Where's Paula Deen?


So....I hope you all have as good of time eating at the fair as we did. You should have seen the smiles and funny looks from all the people watching the pregnant girl chow down- it was great.

It's once a year so dig in and make up for it later - it's worth it!

Happy Eating!



Photo: online source

No comments:

Post a Comment