Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My dedication to marriage...


I am guilty of not always telling those around me how much they truly mean to me; especially in my marriage. So today's post is dedicated to my beautiful husband.







To me, Marriage is a like delicate flower-- beautiful in every sense. Something God has created. In marriage you have to be careful not to bruise petals; taking special care to always give your partner the love, care and support you've promised.


Sometimes in the Kettering Cottage life takes over and we may take each other for granted, forgetting to create the warm & fuzzy moments we both need.


So this is my reminder to myself, and anyone else who may need a moment of reflection:

Memorize the reasons you feel in love for at any moment they could be taken away.

LOVE like there is nothing else to do and do not let life get in the way.

Tell your spouses how much they really mean to you and mean it.

Touch their hand before they touch yours.

Smile at them when you've had a bad day.

Commit daily to the vows you took together and honor Gods word.

Hold your tongue at times being sure to never scrutinize your loved one.

Care for your marriage as you would a delicate flower; giving it the care and nutrition it demands.



I pray that we are never too caught up in daily life to pause and reflect on our marriage and show it the respect that it deserves. When you have let your guard down your marriage has ways letting you know. I pray that we will always be strong enough to see these signs and have the ability to mend any frayed edges. Thank you God for providing me with a husband who loves me for who I am and who we make together. I am grateful.


I Love you, MK!

No comments:

Post a Comment