Thursday, November 11, 2010

Southern Girls....Random Post

I thought I might need to get away from the baby talk for a minute

... so...
you get pure randomness today!


I wanna talk about women. Southern women. Carolina Girls to be exact.

I take a lot of pride in being from the south believe it or not. I have been all over the world and I'm pretty sure people think I'm stupid. I talk slow. And that's OK. I like it that way.



I like knowing that I can tell you the ingredients for the gooey middle of pecan pie off the top of my head and that I chuckle when someone asks how to make chicken stew or sausage gravy.




unknown source -intranet


I like the fact that I buy pure salted butter every trip to the store and my name isn't Paula Deen.

That I can recite the words to Coal Miner's Daughter just as well as the Apostles creed.

That Stand By Your Man & You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man stays in my player of choice rarin' and ready for blarin' at a moments notice.



That I can put my pearls on and have fun pretending to be fancy not letting people know the first thing I knew how to drive was a John Deere Tractor and can still hook one up to any implement if need be.

That y'all and ain't are true everyday words in my vocabulary & household no matter how right or wrong they are.

That my son will grow up knowing that he has a hard working and hard loving Mama, because that's all she knows.


That my husband knows the same thing and still loves me for it.

That there are a trail of hard loving and hard working women that have taught me well and may God Bless all of them for making me who I have become in my 32 years!

Here are a few...Have a good weekend!













1 comment: