Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Refinishing the Baby Crib

This past weekend I spent 2 full days working on the baby crib. We have decided to use the Bassett crib that I had as a child since it still meets today's safety standards. I guess it is considered antique now- just like me. We chose to change it from stained wood to a crisp white. I started out by sanding. Don't look at our messy garage... that's another post.
I sanded...




and sanded...

And then Sanded some more...My fingers were almost bleeding- since I sanded them to the bone! As you can see I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to gloves.


Day 2 I cleaned all of the crib pieces free of sanding dust and began priming. I did try to be as safe as possible by using " green" Kilz primer and I wore the respirator mask the whole time- lovely- it reminded me of my OR days.


Not sure of how much paint it would take I originally bought 2 cans---WHAT? was I thinking? So far I've gone through 6 primer cans! I don't have many pictures of the painting process but I got everything covered once really good and plan to start the top coat soon.




Stay tuned for the finished product....

No comments:

Post a Comment