Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Leaf Patrol


This past weekend was the first time the leaves were tackled this year at the Kettering Cottage. It is a HUGE undertaking that we dread and I feel really bad that I'm not out there helping this year like usual. Allergies and the baby put a hault to my leaf work this year...can I say I am almost happy about that? MK is the greatest leaf man I know and I thank the "Lawd" for that!!! Not only does he get up our leaves- he also manages to pick up my parents leaves and the ones at his mother's house near by. So while I was sanding and priming here's what my hubby was doing. We are busy folks around the Kettering Cottage! Here are just a few examples of leaf day.
We have to blow them out of all the natural areas before we can use this beast of a contraption.

Our front and side yard before leaf day began...


These were OVER ankle deep...the dogs LOVED it!




Our front and side yard after hours of leaf patrol...


Not even a quarter of the leaves that we get up EACH WEEK from our yard!!!


As you can tell my photography skills are lacking greatly but I just wanted you to get an idea of what the phrase "getting up leaves" means to us! MK is such a trooper and a great handy man husband- Good Job Honey!

I'm sure it makes him sick to look at the yard again and see that it's already covered and waiting on another leaf day!

No comments:

Post a Comment